Englerville USA

wander through the many streets that are our life...

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois, United States

>The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck<

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Long week

So Brian left for Columbia yesterday morning. So sad. The only other time he's been gone was when he went to Mexico the summer we got married (pre-kids). So this will be a very long week for me : ) On the way home from the airport (we actually were not even out of the drop off area), Kaylin says "mom... but I'm gonna miss Daddy..." I think I almost broke down in sobs. It's only a couple of days I know! And I know it's a horrible horrible thought, but I couldn't help but think in the back of my mind, how many women kissed their husbands goodbye on 9/11 thinking it would only be a few days. And how many more have to say goodbye for months when their husbands go over seas to Iraq. I guess it just made it a little more real to me for some reason... it wasn't that I thought that might happen to him, it's that I just never really put it on such a personal level I guess.
Anyways, on a brighter note - Brian called and he has arrived safely as of 10:30 last night. So keep him in your prayers that he would have successes on his trip and a safe flight back home.

Our last week:
Saturday at around 4:15 am I got the "Marie's in labor" call so I packed up and headed over (for those of you that do not know, Marie is my cousin). Not even 45 minutes was I there before Mr. Lang was born! She had an awesome birth experience as far as I am aware! Syd was really excited that the baby was "popping out any second"! I got the honor of holding Syd while she watched her little brother being born. It made me wish again that Kaylin was able to see Isabella being born. But being able to be there made me feel more like that if we do have more children that it could be this way for us again. I am so happy that she and Dave had such a nice home birth experience.
Since I was already out that direction, I then headed to my brothers house to work, then headed home to get the kids ready for our day at the pumpkin patch. Kaylin loved it as I am sure you would've guessed! There was this creepy looking black crow (see the photo) that Kaylin just loved! It was pretty funny, she kept asking him questions (which he couldn't answer because the costume guys can't talk of course) and trying to get him to dance with her! So funny!
There was also a little petting zoo (well, 2 goats and some hens and roosters) that she liked to. Then we took the hayride out to the patch and picked out some "baby" pumpkins and a big one too. All in all, a good day.

2 Comments:

Blogger jodes said...

i hope your week flies by with Brian being gone! Dave was gone for 3 days, and that was crazy. Of course i also don't have two little kids...and it wasn't quite a week. Anyway! I enjoy reading your blog! Keep it up.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absence does make the heart fonder. Cherish the love that you have. Even those short times of being apart will make you more dependant on your faith that your lives are in Christ's hands. Being seperated makes the time together that much sweeter.

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home